What disadvantages of ordinary glasses are corrected by NeckTec uplifting glasses?
1) Users with good eyesight have to take off and put their sunglasses back on frequently when moving from light to shadow. As a result sunglasses get lost or broken.
2) Photochromic glasses have a transparency of no more than 85% and cannot quickly lighten up. They can not lighten in advance while approaching darker area (especially needed for drivers).
3) When dioptric lenses are required, the number of glasses doubles or triples.
1). Due to introduction of gadgets into everyday life, number of people wearing glasses for correction of age-hyperopia increases.
2). In case presbyopia is not aggravated by anything (for example, by astigmatism), lenses are not required in order to look into the distance in most cases.
3). Even with a small presbyopia degree, user still needs glasses for short distance (to perform miniature works or smartphone screen reading) and glasses for average distance (about 1-2 meters as for example computer monitors). In case of lower-rimmed fixed frame that especially suits farsighted, small lenses on lower rim do not obstruct sight into the distance with uplifted moving frame, partial lowering of movable frame with another pair of presbyopic lenses to the level of sight helps looking at the mid-range objects and screens, and when movable frame lenses superimpose with lower presbyopic lenses in lower position, user obtains double magnifying on closest objects.
4). All progressive lenses, even the Free Max and free form have blind spots and optical distortions, therefore there is a large number of those who cannot get used to them, and thus they carry several pairs of glasses or/and use reading glasses.
5). Optometrists often impose upon presbyopes either a small plus on the upper part of the progressive lens so the patient gets used to this, or a small correction of astigmatism, even in cases when it is not necessary. This is done in order to sell expensive progressive lenses. In addition, the use of progressive lenses masks age (as opposed to bifocal lenses or reading glasses).
6). Need to constantly receive information from screens of smartphones dictates the current trends and algorithms of wearing glasses in case of presbyopia – to have reading lenses constantly ready close to eyes, even if they are not needed when looking into the distance. Users have no time to remove eyeglasses from the case or unfold reading glasses each time they want to look at the smartphone screen, therefore, they have to adapt to progressive lenses that give optical aberrations and distortions, or wear reading glasses, tilting their heads to look into the distance over such eyeglasses, or putting reading glasses over the top of the head. All this significantly worsens quality of life of people suffering from presbyopia.
Most of people with myopia often take off their glasses when reading, doing petty work and looking at the smartphone screen. Such effect is particularly evident at mature age, when presbyopia compensates for myopia. Considering that myopic people look mainly downwards while doing small work, they need to raise their glasses with negative lenses. In some cases, they look down over the top of their glasses, tilting their heads, which is completely uncomfortable and looks unnatural.
For all cases mentioned above, the doubleframe uplifting eyeglasses with four-lever lifting mechanism would be very useful. Such construction allows to quickly change position of lenses relative to user's eyes without changing glasses themselves. The mechanism prevents contact of lenses with forehead skin.
Lenses of the moving uplifting frame and the fixed frame superimpose in certain cases, this gives additional benefits of mixing two functions substituting two separate eyeglasses.
It should be mentioned separately that it is possible to use progressive lenses in uplifting eyeglasses.
NeckTec uplifting glasses are already worn and recommended to others:
Incredibly Interesting People
A delicate hint to Celebrities about Uplifting glasses
Nectec eyewear possible options:
1. Men’s eyewear for myopes with one pair of lenses on the uplifting frame (progressive lenses could be used as well).
2. Lady’s eyewear for myopes with one pair of lenses on the uplifting frame (progressive lenses could be used as well).
3. Men's sunglasses with one pair of sun lenses on the uplifting frame.
4. Lady’s sunglasses with one pair of sun lenses on the uplifting frame.
5. Men’s presbyopic glasses with lower-rimmed fixed frame with small reading lenses and a pair of full-sized presbyopic lenses on the uplifting frame.
6. Lady’s presbyopic glasses with lower-rimmed fixed frame with small reading lenses and a pair of full-sized presbyopic lenses on the uplifting frame.
7. Unisex glasses with two pairs of lenses: myopic for constant wear on fixed frame and sun lenses on the uplifting frame.
8. Unisex glasses with two pairs of lenses: presbyopic for constant wear on fixed frame and sun lenses on the uplifting frame.